It's a well known fact that most women love wine. They have wine parties, go on wine tasting trips, and are members of wine clubs. So it's obvious that some of the best wines would be produced by women and some of the most successful wineries would be owned by women. Here is a list of some California wineries that are owned and operated by women:
• Abiouness Wines - Nicole Abiouness is an American female entrepreneur and winemaker. She owns and operates Abiouness Wines, in Mendocino County, Napa Valley, California where she makes Pinot Noir and Sangiovese wine. 
• Carol Shelton Wines - Carol Shelton is an American winemaker and entrepreneur. She has been called the most awarded winemaker in America and was the San Francisco Chronicle's Winemaker of the Year in 2005. 
• Kathryn Kennedy Winery - Kathryn Kennedy (July 28, 1927 – August 23, 2009) was a California wine grower, establishing her vineyard during the growth phase in the California wine history known as "The Wine Boom of the early 1970s". While not the first woman winemaker (Zelma Long and others), Kennedy was one of the very first owners of a brand to bear a woman's name in California, and one who came to the scene independent of the young women graduates of the University of California-Davis. 
• Lane Tanner Winery - Lane Tanner is an American winemaker and consultant. She was the second woman winemaker in Santa Barbara County when she started working in the industry in 1981. She goes by the nickname "Pinot Czarina." 
• Selene Wines - Mia Klein is a Californian winemaker and entrepreneur, founder of Selene Wines in Napa, California. Her career has spanned decades in the food and wine industry in both Northern and Southern California.